501(c)(7) Social and Recreation Clubs


Other exempt organizations includes thousands of social and recreational clubs, trade associations, labor unions, veterans associations, and advocacy organizations, as well as a relatively few large but obscure entities, such as a health care trust for a major automaker. Organizations with more than $25,000 in gross receipts are required to file a Form 990 annually with the Internal Revenue Service. Revenues and assets below are for these reporting public charities only.

Click here to see the largest and some examples of smaller organizations.

The Numbers (United States)

  • The number of organizations registered with the IRS changed by -0 percent from 56,369 in 2002 to 47,879 in 2012.
  • The number of organizations reporting to the IRS changed -1 percent from 0 in 2002 to 18,042 in 2012.
  • Total revenues for reporting organizations changed by -1 percent from 0 in 2002 to $14,116,147,186 in 2012.
  • Total assets for reporting organizations changed by -1 percent from 0 in 2002 to 27,470,505,079 in 2012.

(Note: Financial data have not been adjusted for inflation.)

Statistical Tables

Registered Organizations

Organizations That File Annually with the IRS

These organizations must have at least $25,000 in gross receipts.

Registered users can create their own custom tables to view organizations in multiple dimensions or explore other information that we have on these organizations. Click here to learn more.